Wednesday, December 31, 2008

There's a bigger world

The past week I've lived in a small world made up of family and friends, and it was a happy time filled with simple but meaningful activities.

I was browsing the headlines in the world updates today when I saw the articles on the massacre of a family in California by none other than a 'santa', who so happened was someone known to the family. A man, reportedly a nice church-going guy, dressed up as a Santa, showed up at his ex-wife's place and just randomly opened fire at people who were attending a christmas party there. He killed his ex-wife, her parents, her brothers and their wives, and a nephew, while injured a few others including a little girl who opened the door for him because she was excited to see Santa.

That is sad. I was shocked. I have problems but now they looked small, even tiny, when compared to what happened there and many other places. I have difficulties but what are bills compared to violence and death.

No comments: