Monday, December 22, 2008

Alone, in darkness

Well, the situation was not as morbid as the title suggests. It's just that the darkness was due to the power being cut which was due to the work being performed on the transformer. And alone was because the day was not a working day for almost everybody else but me. But ofcourse, I had asked to come to work because I just have too many on my desk. Call me dedicated, or whatever.

I had to remind myself that it was day time and it was bright outside. Actually only rooms along my corridor were affected. If I were to stand at the corridor, I would see light at the end. And it was not exactly pitch black. Some rooms had lights. My room had no light but the power to my equipments were all there. That's why I was there anyways.

When the power was first shut off, I found out that I couldn't open my door and was locked in! It was one of those kind of door with an automated security lock. That gave me a few minutes of panic. Then, I calmed down. The phone was still working. All I had to do was call the chargeman. They would know what to do. True enough, they were working on the temporary power supply. And a few minutes after my call, the facilities guys came and with a screwdriver, did something to the door so that it could be opened. How useful a screwdriver is! Hoorah!

With the being-trapped feeling gone, I kinda like the quiet...

No comments: