Friday, December 12, 2008

The season of joyful tidings is upon us

I think this is the year that I will re-gain the joy of christmas. It is a good time (as good as any) to start. A good time to be happy. I went through the first of december without fun-fare. It was uneventful. It was a Monday, need I say more.

The first thought that came to me (as an effort to create a happy and festive time) is that I need a tree. I have had good responses to a posting on this on my facebook. Friends have given good suggestions and support. Next, I looked around for a tree. My cousin, who herself, has a 6-ft tree gave me some ideas on what I should be looking for. As of yesterday, I was still dragging my feet and couldn't decide which tree to get and a bit worried that I might be too late!

I had dinner with my best friend last night. A belated birthday treat for him, having missed his birthday because I was in Europe at the time. While trying to catch up on all the things that have been going on in our lives since the last time we met, I just mentioned that I thought of getting a christmas tree! And boom, we paid the bill, got out of the restaurant (luckily we were done eating by then) and went to the department store. He was as excited as me. I chose a 5-ft tree which is reasonably priced (to me) and got the lights and decorations! The sales person there was so helpful I may have bought more that I planned. I'm on my way to have lights and colors in my living room!!

Next, putting up the tree...

No comments: