Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year 2009

New Year's eve ended early by a few minutes when I witnessed the fireworks at the mainland of Penang which started about 10 mins before midnight. Or my clocks were slow. It was a long show which I enjoyed from the comfort of my balcony. Towards the end of the show, fireworks at other locations were started. This I know because of the noise.

This year, although, I was alone, surprisingly I didn't feel melancholy or sad. The fireworks really cheered me up. And dinner with close friends earlier had also bouyed me up for the countdown. And I had close friends online with whom I could count down with.

Last year (2008) had been a good year for me (although there were some low moments). I have broken out of some shells and chains that held me back from some of my personal goals. Thrown away some heavy baggage that was weighing me down. And brushed off things that were not meant for me. Taken a bold step and purchased my first home. Saying NO to more things. Doing things that make me happier. And spread my wings to Europe, which has been a long time dream of mine. So 2008 had been a liberating year for me.

Although I have gone some distance in 2008, there are still some areas to work on and new things that I would like to explore in 2009. I look forward to the year with gusto!

No comments: