Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The road less travelled, the high road...

I remember one occassion when I was a kid, still in primary school, still attending piano classes, it was that time of the year to choose a piece for the exams. My piano teacher played the two pieces that we got to choose from every year. Both didn't sound all that good to me. One slow and full of expression. Another one, full of twists. After she finished playing, she turned to me and asked if I wanted to choose the easier one or the tougher one. Duh! She obviously did not know me. Ofcourse I would choose the tougher one. Not that I'm all that good at playing. I just love a challenge. I just love the more difficult things in life... But ofcourse I love things that come easily to me. But if I was asked, I would more often than not choose the difficult ones...

Sigh!

And given a choice again, I would do them all over, without doubt.

No comments: