Sunday, December 21, 2008

He's just not that into you

Hmmm... by a stroke of fate, the book landed in my hands. Actually, I was to act as a messenger carrying this book from a friend for another friend. I've been curious about this book for some time now, although had not been motivated enough to actually purchase the book. As the critics said, I don't need a book to tell me when a guy doesn't like me THAT much.

However, since it was in my possession, and it wasn't that thick, I started reading it and was 3 quarters way through it by the time another friend came to pick us up for lunch.

My two-cent on this issue:
1. Even if a guy is into you now, he can get not-into-you some time in the future. There's just NO CERTAINTY.
2. Universally, I think humans want the same thing, but do they go about getting them the same way? I think not. The book is SO 'New York-ish'. We need a book on 'Penang-ish'. (How I know it's New York? Come on, SATC was set in New York! And these guys were the writers!)

However, one thing is true, if the guy is not into you, you would not be happy in the relationship... and vice versa, if you are not into the guy, you would not be happy in the relationship...

p/s: Not too sure about the 'not-asking-the-guy-out-until-he-asks-you', although I actually do practice that - not that it's doing me any good. That smack a lot of male supremacy and power to the man. But then again, some men are just into that. It must be the remnance of the cave-men instinct. BUT are ALL men that way?

No comments: