Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Miracle of Pull Tab

This morning, as I was preparing my morning cuppa tea and mixing in the creamer, I noticed that I was almost out of creamer. I knew that I had earlier on stocked two additional cans since my mom said that the price on that shopping day was really good. The next thing that occurred to me was, d0 I have a can opener? If I don't, I will have to go get one or today will be my last day with my fav milk tea in the morning. And if I do, is it the type that has the twisting mechanism or the one that required brute strength to push and pull?

You might wonder, why I asked these questions - because didn't I know what utilities and utensils I bought for my own kitchen? The truth of the matter is, my parents stocked up my utilities and utensils. About the only things I bought recently for the kitchen are kitchen towels and a drawer organiser to put those utensils. Apparently, over the years, I have had the habit of bringing things which I felt was nice or which I received through points or coupon exchanges or even through lucky draws, back to my parents' place with the intention of giving them those items since I didn't have much space previously to house all of them. My mom has been keeping all those stuff and now filling up space in my house with those things. Along with new items she bought which she felt I would need.

Back to my creamer issue, so, I opened up the drawers looking for a can opener and I was surprised to find out that I did not have one. I wondered how the creamer that I have now was opened. Then it struck me, on that particular shopping day, my mom specifically told me that she chose this particular brand and type because of the pull-tab!

I don't need a can opener for my creamer. I can still have my morning cuppa tomorrow...

No comments: