Tuesday, September 2, 2008

BC moved (atleast some of my stuff)

I have my mattresses and my TV table! My house is shaping up fast into a home! On Monday evening, I finally had a moment alone with my place. Looking around the place, I almost couldn't believe that the place belongs to me (and the bank, for the time being). It's amazing.

Thanks to my close friends from work, I have a stand fan! It's one of the things on my list of crucial things to have first. It was delivered to my door step (practically) on Sunday afternoon and my parents and I had a fun time assembling it.

To make a home, the kitchen is of utmost importance. I love my dainty cute whistling kettle (not a pink one). Courtesy of my mom, I have spoons and forks (which we bought in Langkawi, couldn't believe she kept those for me!), mugs, plates, bowls and a small pot, and rice! I even have a blender (courtesy of Courts)! Still need to complete the kitchen. Could you believe that I don't have my knife set yet? How could a house not have that basic cooking tool? OK, neither do I have proper cooking pans and pots and utensils. Nor scrubbing sponge for dishes. And a container for sugar! Sugar's still in its plastic package.

It was an amazing weekend, despite the one slight 'experience' when the security guard refused to let the deliveryman drive the lorry to the area near the lift because he (the guard) did not have the form which I had specifically went to the management office (what happened to the management ppl? what did they do to my form?) to fill the week before. But thankfully, the deliverymen were nice enough to carry in the stuff for me from the visitor carpark. To prevent any hassles, I've re-scheduled the fridge delivery to next Saturday. Sad. But still, I feel good in spite of that.

No comments: