Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fourth Weekend...

Since I officially moved in on the 31st of August, this is my fourth weekend at my new place. I still feel the novelty. Still trying to settle to some kind of habit and getting used to having so much space. And ofcourse, still unpacking!

On saturday, I was 'forced' to pick up the speed because I needed a dress for a wedding dinner that I was attending that night. I had unpacked a few bags and strewn the clothing articles from the bags all around the room and living room space - so that I could see all that I have and decide where each article would go and which one would need to be re-wash. Anyway, between resting and putting away the clothes, I only managed to finish those few bags Sunday afternoon!

As I was hanging up the clothes in the wardrobe, I was struck by the number of clothes I have that were from my previous job - my first real job out of grad school. Clothes that I most certainly would not be wearing for my current job. Anyway, it felt like when I changed job, I had changed my life and entered into a new phase of life. I'm not sure if I would ever wear those clothes again. I'm not sure if this is what I would do for the rest of my working life.

But hanging up those clothes in my own built-in wardrobe, I feel like this is another phase of life. I'm excited about this, still is after four weeks. Just like my job still excites me, going on to two years now. (ofcourse it would excite me more if there is a good increment this year!)

All that and I still two luggages left to unpack. Not sure what kind of thoughts will come to me when I get to them.

No comments: