Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Domestic Dangers

I've been doing a lot of cleaning and cleaning and more to come. In my efforts to get everything spic and span, I've been using different kinds of chemical. Being a person who is into chemistry, I've been worried of adverse effects, short and long term. I typically do this in the beginning of all my projects, work or non-work. Gathering info and trying to absorb all that in.

Anyway, check out this link which I find useful, both for work and non-work:

Guide for Handling Household Chemicals (EnvironmentalChemistry.com) - Things you can do to make your home safer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BC, heard of garbage enzyme?

http://www.o3enzyme.com/enzymeproduction.htm

Use fruit peels or whole fruit (orange skins esp makes a fruity smell enzyme), brown sugar and water in the ratio of 3:1:10, eg
3 kg skin/whole fruit
1 kg brown sugar
8-10L water
Do adjust accordingly.

Keep fermented in a container for about 3 months...filter and the brownish enzyme can be used as detergent to wash plates, wipe the floor, wash car.

Dont even have to rinse it away if use it to wipe floor or wash car. Just pour a bit of the concentrated enzyme (actually a bit watery one...) into a pail of water and use it to wash ur car ah...Wai Hau

BengChin said...

sounds yucky...

let me know after you tried it..