Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Roma, Italia - The voyage...

After reading Dan Brown's Da Vinci's Code, I really, really wanted to go to Rome. There may be a Da Vinci's Code tour, which if I had known, I would definitely join. But since I did not know of any, I joined the Italy tour instead.

The flight there from Penang was awesome (so not!). Our agent had arranged for us to fly Qatar Airways. An airline that I have not been on before. Which turned out to be ok since they had also arranged a short city tour during the transit in Doha. This is my first foray into the land of the Middle East and left on my own devices, I may not ever be here.

We reached Rome at about 6+pm and proceeded to a chinese restaurant for dinner. It was dinner and nothing to shout about since we all hail from the haven of food. After which we were so ready for bed. It had been a long, long voyage.

Coming next, the tour begins...

No comments: