Monday, November 3, 2008

Flying on a budget - not very pleasant sometimes

I've been a staunch supporter of Air Asia for a few years now. I believe in its good and sincere efforts to enable everyone to fly. So, for my previous European trip flying out of KL, I took the AirAsia's Penang to KL and back flight instead of MAS. To my surprise, the Penang-KL flight was early! Goody! But a couple of shocks greeted me in the plane. I had to untangle the seat belts which were all tangled up and after having done that and buckled myself in, there was a pink colored chewed chewing gum on the seat belt! Yucks! And then, looking at the magazine on the pocket of the seat, guess what I found? A used-up vomit bag! Double yucks! What is this?

On the way back from KL to Penang, after a long and tiring journey back, the flight was re-timed from 7.35 pm to 9.15 pm without any notice to us. Apparently it was a last minute thing. But to tired-old-me, a text message to us immediately after they have re-timed the flight would have been nice. Instead we had to rush over to the LCCT at 5 pm only to see on the board that the flight has been re-timed! I had to spend the remaining of the evening hearing the whines and dissatisfaction of my companion. And that's not how I envisioned the end of an incredibly lovely week!

To add to that, after boarding the plane and seated. I noticed that there was a whitish stain on the side of my seat! Urgh! Not to mention the wet seat infront of me that I managed to avoid because that could be clearly seen.

I know that they are working with a packed schedule, but hygiene, I think is not something that can be sacrificed. At the very least, before landing, the flight attendants should make an announcement and go around with rubbish bags to collect the wastes.

Anyway, I've emailed AirAsia's call center (on the hygiene) and hopefully they will not let the situation deteriorate any further...

No comments: