Thursday, November 27, 2008

Goody! Goody!

Where to go, if you just want a quick, short getaway with no hassle and worry? The place must also be suitable for all ages! You must think this is difficult... but the answer turned out to be 'Genting Highlands' for my family last weekend.

It's school holidays! And a weekend! We wanted to do something different and fun, for the kids and for the grandparents... and for ourselves - being my brother, wifey & I. After a few rounds of subtle brainstorming, Genting Highlands was chosen.

I wasn't sure what we were going to do to fill the time for being there for 2 nights. But it turned out to be fun. On Saturday, the kids and I had fun in the indoor theme park. The grandparents were along to be the watchful eyes and to take pictures! On Sunday, the kids and parents went to the outdoor theme park, while my parents and I went to the Chin Swee Temple. The shuttle bus is now FREE! It used to be RM5 per way a few months back.

The temple is indeed beautiful. and lovely. and meaningful. After a lovely morning walking around, breathing the fresh, crisp and slightly moist air (it drizzled a bit), we went back for a late lunch and a short walkabout the shops before going back to the hotel room for a short rest (afterall, this is supposed to be a relaxing weekend away). Later, we met up with the other group for dinner and more shopping. It was a bit disappointing that there were not many sales!!! But I did manage to get myself a bag, a sweater, and a pair of sunglasses! YAY!

The last day, we enjoyed a slow breakfast, just fooled around and then it's time to check out already!

All-in-all a fine weekend. For the record, I still have not made my way into the outdoor themepark! I need to go with someone who is into those stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hatyai is a nice place for short getaway