Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Googled Me

Now and then I entertained myself by google-search myself. This time around I was pleasantly surprised to find that I am acknowledged in a book called From Silicon Valley to Singapore by David McKendrick, Richard F. Doner and Stephan Haggard. Apparently Stephan Haggard had collaborated with the Anna, a consultant, and Ms. Lim, the boss at the firm DCT Consultancy Services where I had worked as a research officer back in '97-98 (my field was environmental conservation). Anyway, both me and another RO, Wei Seong (I think he mainly did socio-economic work) were acknowledged to have provided research assistance! That was fun.

Another surprising element is that the book touches on the hard disk drive industry and US's leadership and concentration of manufacturing in South East Asia. Atleast that was what I gleaned from reading the acknowledgement pages. Sorry to say, I have not read the book. Anyway, at that time, I didn't even know what a hard disk is. That was still the floppy disk era.

And now, I'm working in this industry! It's as if it was pre-ordained! Strange how the universe works...

No comments: