Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Of working life...

The past few days and the week before were the epitome of exactly how I do not want my life to be. Worked late, and too tired after work to be social, hence stayed in (although I did enjoyed playing scrabble over facebook), and the cycle started all over again the next day.

Ofcourse, having a position where I'm a lone contributor gives tremendous job security. Which I do appreciate. And I appreciate having a challenging job. But it's never good when there are too much to do.

However, the plus points here are:
1. I have good+fun colleagues.
2. I have a good boss.
3. I have a certain amount of flexibility in arranging my work. (when there is no emergency)
4. I still like what I do. Lots of things/areas still to explore and learn.

Two grouches:
1. I still need to learn a lot of stuff! Some stuff I don't even know I don't know. No time and probably no budget.
2. Ofcourse, I could use more dough... who doesn't?

No comments: