Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oh dear!

'Let's be together'. 'Let's not be together'. How could one person say this and that in the same life time to the same person?

I came from the old school of thought. Going through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live. Toughing it out and companionship. That's my concept of being a couple (other than love & passion). But not to all...

Having experienced breaking-up a couple of times, I know it's tough. Although it's a good thing that the situation unravelled before we signed the contract, I wouldn't wish it on another person.

Anyway, this relationship thing has been going round and round in my head lately. Partly because a friend told me that she started dating again, but the guy is far from ideal (I wish her all the best and really hope that things work out - she's really a great gal). And a friend whom I used to do things together had stopped doing things with me - does it mean we broke up? (I'm just sad because friends don't do that to a friend, or do they? or are we more than just friends?). And another friend is going through a rough patch as well.

I hope friends in rocky situations would stay strong. Life is a challenge sometimes and there is no situation where we are not strong enough to wade through.

We just need to remember, rough patches will pass... thankfully.

No comments: