Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Break-Ups Are Painful: My 2-cents

That's why they are called break-ups. If a person did not feel pain or hurt or sad, that person is not normal.

Things begin and things end. That's the fact of life. Phases of life begin and old phases end. And on and on. That said, being a woman, especially if we didn't want the break-up, we'll have a thousand and one questions.

I'm writing this not because I just broke up. I'm writing this because I wanted to bring things out to the open. Talk it over in words and let the negativity flows away. So that we'll be filled with positivity and light and happiness. I see the therapeutic values in talking and writing.

Back to us having many, many questions. I'm going to write this as me going through the horrid ordeal.

Question 1: Why couldn't we work things out? If he loves me (as I love him), things could be worked out.

Point: He doesn't love me anymore.
If he loved me, he wouldn't have broken up with me. No matter how intensely I insisted that he loved me (still, a bit), that was just me. And my will that he would act as how I wanted him to act. Pressing the point with him will only backfire upon me.

Question 2: What happened? What changed? When did that happened? He promised he'll love me forever.

Point: Nobody knows for sure. But it happened.
Questioning him again and again would not work. He has no answer. But prolonged pestering would break him down, and he would give an answer that he hoped would satisfy me but most likely not the truth.

Question 3: Why couldn't he love me?

Point: He did.
But not anymore. Not everyone could persevere.

No comments: