Monday, October 13, 2008

O Mamma Mia!

Made my way to the cinema to catch the movie Mamma Mia and boy, was I happy I did that! The cinema guys didn't exactly make it easy for us, want-to-watch-ppl. The show wasn't screened at Queensbay Mall but only at Prangin Mall or Gurney Plaza.

I love Abba-songs. I grew up listening to them. So I know the songs pretty well. Although it's awkward and unnatural that ppl could break into songs and dances at any time, it's a musical! Musicals are supposed to be that way.

The casts were well chosen. There were some big names - Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth. I don't know the rest of the casts but that doesn't mean they are not famous or not talented. I don't know everybody! And everyone who watched the show would agree that the ensemble of the casts worked well.

The number of songs that was included in the duration of the movie was incredible. I really felt I had my money's worth. I love all the songs and the dance moves.

The gals sang beautifully! I refrained from commenting on the guys' singing. I have to credit Colin Firth on his, but somehow, I already knew he could sing. I couldn't remember the title of the song he sang on the boat to Sophie but it was something about the summer with Donna.

For some unfathomable reason, I was alternating between laughing out loud and crying my heart out (during some scenes) throughout the duration of the movie. It could be nostalgia or my new acne meds acting out. I wonder what happened to my Abba cassette or CD.

The first thing after the movie that I did was text my friend asking him to get me the DVD for the show which is not released yet. I wanted the DVD because I wanted to be able to sing to my heart's content and dance all out. In the privacy of my living room. Ha! Ha!

P/s: The author has sinced grabbed the very pricey tickets for the Mamma Mia show in Istana Budaya end of this year. She had to call the hotline 1.5 days before getting through to the sales person. Phew! It's hot!

No comments: