Monday, May 4, 2009

A.I.D.S

Over the weekend, a teacher taught us that we need to have A.I.D.S in life. Not the disease, but aids = assistance, help. Life is hard enough, who doesn't need aids to make life easier.

A = adaptativeness. Being able to adapt to whatever comes in life. I have been thinking of this a lot lately. For now, it seems as if my life is all work. Which I don't like. The job I love, it's just the some times long-hours that I kinda don't like. I have been thinking of how to balance up things. I understand why some jobs are urgent, I'm sure there's a way to make things easier but at this point, I have no solutions yet.

I = initiative. The initiative to think up new ideas and to think big. I have no problem with thinking up things to do. It's just the thinking big that I'm hesitant of.

D = dynamics. To transform the initiative into action. To manifest the ideas. To put words into action. To be more energetic. To be more effort-full. To overcome sloth and torpor.

S = service. A life spent to be of service to humanity must be the utmost worth living. Not everyone has the luxury to do that. But I guess we should all strive towards that. My personal conflict is between service to others and being and doing things for my own family. Which I still need to reconcile and adapt.

A lot more of reflection for me...

No comments: