Monday, February 16, 2009

A downer

After really good days, it's about time, the cycle is back to a downer day. The day started out fine and well. Everything was smooth and good. Then, someone said something. At that time, since I was preoccupied with something else I didn't feel anything. But as the day progressed to the end, when I had time at hand, it came back to me and I felt angry and sad.

Angry that people have stereotypes and perceptions and misconceptions. And that they voiced them out loud with probably not an evil intention, just insensitivity. Which myself, have been guilty of time and time again. Sad, that I still let these things affect me.

'She has time because she's not married!'. That's a totally unfair and unfounded statement ever. Unmarried people have things to do. As a matter of fact, we might have more stuff to do. 'Aren't you lonely staying alone?'. Why state the obvious? And I have to answer in a way that doesn't make the asker feel bad.

I know she didn't mean to be hurtful but that doesn't mean that it doesn't.

No comments: