Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday Day...

I have been quite irregular with the blogging lately. Life sometimes has a way of just flow by itself and sweeping me along. There's been work and scrabbling and family and friends, all taking up time. It had been fun and tiring and exciting in the same time.

Everything it seems culminated to today. I had expected another normal workday, just busier than normal with new stuff I've taken up. But I had dressed accordingly in my new favorite orange top and my new pair of dark jeans. My new pair of casual adidas completed my attire for the day. All, just a personal feel-good thingy. I'm at the stage where I think I could afford to indulge myself.

I was greeted with a chorus of wishes when I walked into my cubicle. My cube-mates had without fail made the day special for me. Although I have a lot going on today, they had made me remember that this is a special day. We had lunch at SunShine and then the meeting I was supposed to have after lunch got kinda shuffled a bit and foiled the surprise that they had wanted to arrange. I went back to the cube unexpectedly and saw my cake, gift and card! They proceeded to gather a few of our closer friends and we had our impromptu bday celebration. Songs, candle and all.

And I absolutely love the apron that I got! I had told them that I was looking for an apron that I won't mind wearing. And they got me exactly what I wanted!! What bulls-eyes! Amazing!

No comments: