Sunday, March 15, 2009

Meeting old friends

Met an old friend who has gone on to live a really good life. A friend who had been a part of my growing up stage. Who had gone through uni together. Who had gone through some life changing courses together. Who had been and I'm sure still is a very giving, and wise person.

But now that his status has changed, I find that I felt awkward. The status as in, I'm a layperson, he is a venerated person. I'm happy that he is liberated, atleast from the more worldly stuff. I'm happy that he has gone beyond the typical paradigm of life. Just that, I now can't call him by his name. And I felt that I have to be more mindful of my speech. I can't just blurt out anything.

Anyway, it's all me. My issues. I just need to work them out. And working them out will only do me a whole world of good.

No comments: